Got questions? We have answers. If you don’t find the answer to your question here, Contact Us, and we will get back with you as soon as possible.
1. What size wheels and/or plugs fit my shoes? If you look inside the empty wheel cavity (the wheel cavity is the hole on the bottom of the shoe where you normally insert your wheel and/or plugs), you'll find the type and size of wheel/plug that your shoe uses imprinted inside the wheel cavity. For example, if it reads 'FATS-L (US 9-12)', you will need to order FATS wheels and/or plugs in a size LARGE, which fits shoes in US sizes 9 through 12. Please note: If the imprint only shows a size (Small, Medium or Large), you will need the FATS style in the stated size.
2. What is the Heelys Shop? You can purchase select Heelys products directly from the manufacturer’s website. If you’d like to see what else is available through one of our online retailers, or find our product in store, check out our Store Finder.
3. How long will it take for my order to get to me? Orders will typically ship from our warehouse within four business days of receipt of your order, depending on our volume of business. Once your order ships, you can track your shipment with your UPS tracking number through www.UPS.com. The tracking number will be provided to you once your order ships.
4. Can I ship to a PO Box address? Our shipping service does not ship to PO Boxes. However, if you visit our Store Finder section, you can see a full listing of our retailers who sell our products.
5. Can I order internationally? We are not currently shipping outside of the United States. If you’re visiting our site from outside of the United States, please visit our International section to find a retailer or distributor in your country.
6. How can I find out the status of my order? To view the status of your order, please login and click on My Account. You can check the history of your orders and check the status on those orders.
7. What’s your return policy? We accept returns within 30 days from the date you receive the product. For more information, please visit our Shipping and Returns section.
1. What are Heelys? Heelys are shoes with a single or double wheel in the heel. They allow the wearer to go from walking to rolling simply by shifting their weight to their heels. When the wheels are easily removed, the shoe performs just like any other shoe.
2. Are the wheels in Heelys removable? The wheels are easy to put in and easy to take out. You can wear your Heelys without the wheel and they look and function just like any other shoe. *Heelys do not have retractable wheels – shoes that have retractable wheels are cheap knock offs that infringe on the Heelys patent.
3. Are there Heelys with two wheels? Yep! They are great for first-time skaters, because two wheels provide more stability and balance. Once the skater is ready for one wheel, the smaller wheel can easily be removed, turning them into a normal pair of Heelys. Not all sizes and styles come available in the two-wheeled model.
4. Can I purchase Heelys on the Heelys website? Heelys are being sold in a number of different retail outlets, in their online stores, and on our own Heelys Shop. To find a retailer, visit our Store Finder. Make sure to call the store ahead of time to make sure they carry the size and style of Heelys you're looking for. You can also purchase from our Heelys Shop.
5. Where do I purchase Sole Saver heel plugs and removal tool kits and what size do I need? If you look inside the empty wheel cavity (the wheel cavity is the hole on the bottom of the shoe where you normally insert your wheel and/or plugs), you'll find the type and size of plug that your shoe uses imprinted inside the wheel cavity. For example, if it reads 'FATS-L (US 9-12)', you will need to order FATS plugs in a size LARGE, which fits shoes in US sizes 9 through 12. Once you know what replacement size you need, you can purchase your plugs from our Heelys Shop or from one of our Online Retailers.
6. How do I order new axles? We do not sell axles separately. You will need to purchase replacement wheels if you need new axles.
7. What styles and sizes do your retailers carry? What do I do if they don’t carry the style I would like? Individual retailers carry a variety of different Heelys styles. To check what is available, visit our Store Finder to find a retailer near you. We recommend that you call with the provided phone number to see what is in stock. You also have the option of clicking through to one of our online retailers to purchase from their website. You can also visit our Heelys Shop for a wide selection of shoes.
8. What sizes do Heelys come in? How do Heelys sizes fit? Men's Sizing: Children's 12, 13, Adult 1-12; "D" Width, whole sizes only. Women's Sizing: Children's 12, 13, Adult 1-9; "B" Width, whole sizes only. HX2 (two-wheeled product): Children's 13, Men's 1-3, whole sizes only. We do not currently manufacture Heelys in sizes larger than a Men’s 13. Heelys sizes run very true to your normal shoe size.
9. Are there different sized wheels? Heelys have two different wheels – the FATS and the MEGA. FATS are smaller than the MEGA, which provide more surface area and are steadier and easier to maneuver. Because of wheel bracket size difference, the MEGA wheels are not interchangeable with the FATS. The size does not render one wheel better than the other. All types of wheels are made with high-quality polyurethane (PU) rubber, which makes them more durable and able to withstand force and abrasion.
10. What happens if I lose my wheels? If you look inside the empty wheel cavity (the wheel cavity is the hole on the bottom of the shoe where you normally insert your wheel and/or plugs), you'll find the type and size of wheel/plug that your shoe uses imprinted inside the wheel cavity. For example, if it reads 'FATS-L (US 9-12)', you will need to order FATS wheels and/or plugs in a size LARGE, which fits shoes in US sizes 9 through 12.. You can purchase replacement wheel kits on our Heelys Shop
11. How do I insert my wheels into the shoes? Follow the steps below to insert your wheels back into the shoes: *Place the wheel in the wheel bracket and make sure the axle is aligned with the axle arms. *With the palm of your hand, push the wheel into the bracket as hard as you can. You should hear a clicking sound indicating that the axles are seated securely. *Visually inspect the wheel to make sure it is straight, and after putting the shoes on, stomp each heel to check for seating one last time.
12. What is ABEC and what does it have to do with my wheels? ABEC, Annular Bearing Engineering Counsel, is a rating system used by the bearing manufacturers (ABEC 1, 3, 5 and 7). Usually the higher the rating the more precise and smooth the ride is. The ABEC rating does not, however, determine the speed of the wheel and is in no way a measure of the quality of the wheel. The tag on the shoes will tell you what ABEC rating they are.
13. Should protective gear be worn with Heelys? We highly recommend its use when the wheels are in the shoes.
14. What are some safety rules of thumb? *Always stagger your feet with your strong foot in front – putting them side-by-side will result in your feet sliding out from under you. *When walking with the wheels in, do not lean back on your heels and make sure to walk with your toes touching the ground first. *Be extra cautious when skating on uneven surface – debris and crevices can cause sudden stops and uncontrolled movements. *Never skate faster than you can walk. When you feel like you are losing balance, stop skating by putting your toes down and lean forward.
15. What are some common courtesies when using Heelys? *Crowded public areas are not good places for skating. *Do not cause inconvenience to others by running into them or cutting them off. *Do not endanger others' safety or your own. *Follow the rules in public places – if there is no skating allowed, make sure to take out your wheels. *Respect others' rights to enjoy public places just as you do.
16. How do I clean my shoes? You can clean your shoes with soap and warm water. Do not wash your shoes in the washing machine as this may damage the shoes and will void your warranty.
17. How do I remove/clean the axles and bearings on the wheels? We do not recommend that you remove either the axles or the bearings! You can purchase bearing solution at your local automotive store. You can also use WD-40 but note that it is a water displacer and degreaser, so there will be little to no lubricant residual once bearings have been cleaned. Most machine lubricants, grease or oil based, will work well.
18. What do I do if my wheels are squeaky? Cleaning your wheels with some WD-40 or bearing lubricant will usually solve the problem.
19. What happens if my wheel bracket wears out? The wheel bracket embraces the wheel and is recessed 3 to 5 mm from the outsole. It is made with high-density polyurethane for stiffness and durability. However, it does not resist abrasion. Even though the outsole is made with highly abrasion resistant rubber, which wears up to 10 times longer than regular outsole rubber, the shoes are no longer safe for skating once the heel bracket wears out and the axles have no proper room for seating.
20. What are Heel Plugs and what do they do? Heel Plugs go into the soles of your Heelys footwear when the wheels are removed and help to prevent debris from getting into the wheel brackets. Please note that while it's important to keep your wheel wells clean when putting in your wheels, you still wear your shoes without the plugs.
21. How do you take the heel plugs out? Heelys models that come with plugs also come with a removal tool to pop the plugs out. To remove the heel plugs, insert the removal tool all the way into the slot between the heel plug and the sole. Then pull away from the plug. The heel plug should pop out. Please be careful to direct the heel plugs away from yourself and others.
22. Can I use the removal tools to remove my wheels? The removal tool is designed for removing the heel plugs from your Heelys. We do not recommend removing your wheels with the removal tool because it may damage the wheels, which are to be removed by hand.
23. How do I remove my wheels? Follow the steps below to remove your wheels: *Hold the shoe upside down with the sole and wheel facing away from you. Position both thumbs (one on top of the other) against the side of the wheel that is closer to you. *Using your thumbs, push out and upward on the side of the wheel. Because axles are pressure fitted into the axle arms, removing the wheels may be difficult at first. *If after step #2, the wheel has not come loose, turn the shoes around and repeat step #2 on the other side of the wheel. *To prevent potential injury, always point the bottom of the show away from you and others. *Using the heel plug tool to remove your wheels may damage the wheels, which are designed to be removed by hand.
24. Where do I purchase replacement wheel kits and what size do I need?
If you look inside the empty wheel cavity (the wheel cavity is the hole on the bottom of the shoe where you normally insert your wheel and/or plugs), you'll find the type and size of wheel/plug that your shoe uses imprinted inside the wheel cavity. For example, if it reads 'FATS-L (US 9-12)', you will need to order FATS wheels and/or plugs in a size LARGE, which fits shoes in US sizes 9 through 12. You can purchase replacement wheel kits on our Heelys Shop.